kristi johnston ARTWORKS

Information about current watercolor classes in Mansfield,MA: Kristi Johnston ARTWORKS. Classes for both children and adults. Recent completed watercolors and my thoughts about pieces in progress.View more of my work or contact me at http://www.KristiJohnstonArtworks.com

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Texture in the abstract



As promised, here are my newest pieces. I just finished them today, and they are quite a leap for me, in subject, style and medium. They are done on board, with a thick layer of textured underpainting, followed by multiple layers of acrylic paint. I will varnish them after they have sat for a couple of days with a satin varnish so they won't be too shiny. They are loosly based on the texture of 100 year old interior walls that had exposed brisk, lathing and plaster.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home